Medical Fund Dispensary, 1947
This large dispensary was sitauted on theground floor of the Milton Road building. The prescriptions were handed out through hatches to people in the waiting rooms adjacent. The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist. It was built in 1892
© STEAM Picture Library 2007 - All Rights Reserved
New Swindon, 1847
Lithograph of New Swindon in 1847 with broad gauge locomotive, Fire Brand, in foreground.
Swindon Works can be seen to the right on the image, with the Railway Village to the left.
© Steam Picture Library
2 2 2, Broad Gauge, Swindon, Village
Perranporth Station, April 1960
Locomotive No 4593 stands at Perranporth Station on 23rd April 1960 while the driver chats to a member of station staff before continuing on its journey to Newquay. The island platform sits between two running lines on the Truro to Newquay railway. A glimpse of a train waiting on the opposite platform can be seen to the left of the photograph.