Ashburton Station, Devon, late 1960s
A view of Ashburton station near Newton Abbot, Devon in the late 1960s after the closure of the terminus.
Ashburton station first opened in May 1872, and closed to passengers in November 1958. The station maintained steady goods traffic until September 1962 but only officially closed in 1971 after a brief revival as part of the Dart Valley Heritage Railway
© STEAM Museum of the GWR