Rodmarton Platform, Gloucestershire, May 1958
This photograph of Rodmarton Platform taken in May 1958 shows the simplicity of design and construction of a country halt such as this. The 150ft long wooden platform built from old railway sleepers, with its standard design corrugated iron shelter, or pagoda, were accessed by a set of steps leading from a road running underneath the railway at the far end of the platform.
Rodmarton Platform opened on the Tetbury Branch Line in 1904 and closed in 1964
© STEAM Museum of the GWR