Featured March Image
Plymouth North Road Station, Devon, c.1950s
A view of Plymouth North Road Station, Devon in c.1950s.
The main station in Plymouth opened in March 1877 and was expanded with new platforms being added in 1908. The station underwent lengthy rebuilding works from the late 1930s up until 1962, during which time the station had been renamed Plymouth in the late 1950s
© STEAM Museum of the GWR