Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Home > Stations and Halts > Somerset Stations

Somerset Stations Gallery

Choose from 47 pictures in our Somerset Stations collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Montacute Station, Somerset, 1962 Featured Somerset Stations Print

Montacute Station, Somerset, 1962

Unfortunately there is no caption on the back of this photograph taken of Montacute Station in 1962. We can only assume that some kind of maintenance is taking place on the line towards Yeovil, judging by the row of workers standing in the middle of the track. Just beyond the station building and signal box, a wagon stands waiting in the sidings alongside the cattle pens and small goods office

© STEAM Museum of the GWR

Yeovil Town Station, Somerset, c.1950s Featured Somerset Stations Print

Yeovil Town Station, Somerset, c.1950s

A bustling scene at Yeovil Town Station taken in the late 1950's. The chimneys of the large station building can be seen above the platform canopy, and the passenger footbridge which straddled the tracks is visible at the far end of the three platforms. When it first opened in June 1861, the jointly owned station was served by four signal boxes, two station masters houses and two station masters whose joint cooperation must have been essential for the smooth running of the line.
The station closed to passengers in October 1966

© STEAM Museum of the GWR

Bishops Lydeard Station, Somerset, c.1930 Featured Somerset Stations Print

Bishops Lydeard Station, Somerset, c.1930

A view of Bishops Lydeard Station in Somerset, c.1930, showing the station buildings, platforms and trains coming and going.
The station opened in March 1862 and closed in January 1971. In the late 1970s and early 1980s Bishops Lydeard station became the terminus of the West Somerset Railway heritage line. In 2019 the station was finally reconnected to the national rail network when the GWR agreed to Saturday services in the summer from Taunton. The goods shed at Bishops Lydeard is now used as a visitor centre and museum

© STEAM Museum of the GWR