Gloucester Central Station, 1959
A view of Gloucester Central station in Gloucestershire, 1959, showing the curvature of the platforms, locomotive No. 1409 and the water tank.
Gloucester Central originally opened as a terminus in 1840 for the Birmingham and Gloucester Railway. It quickly became a hub for several different railway companies (including the GWR) and dealt with both standard and broad gauge, leading to a complicated station layout
© STEAM Museum of the GWR