Skip to main content

Halt Collection

Background imageHalt Collection: Chetnole Halt, Dorset

Chetnole Halt, Dorset
A view of Chetnole railway station in Dorset. The halt was built in 1933 using a timber construction. This was replaced with concrete in the mid 20th century

Background imageHalt Collection: Stratton Park Halt, Wiltshire

Stratton Park Halt, Wiltshire
A birds eye view of Stratton Park Halt situated between Shrivenham and Swindon. The photograph was taken from the road bridge that crossed over the lines

Background imageHalt Collection: Pans Lane Halt, c. 1960s

Pans Lane Halt, c. 1960s
This photograph was taken in the 1960s and shows the view looking east at Pans Lane Halt which was on the Devizes branch line. The halt opened in 1929 and served the south of Devizes in Wiltshire

Background imageHalt Collection: Rodmarton Platform, Gloucestershire, May 1958

Rodmarton Platform, Gloucestershire, May 1958
This photograph of Rodmarton Platform taken in May 1958 shows the simplicity of design and construction of a country halt such as this

Background imageHalt Collection: Thornford Bridge Halt, Dorset, c. 1950s

Thornford Bridge Halt, Dorset, c. 1950s
A view of Thornford Bridge Halt in Dorset, c.1950s. The station opened in March 1936 but was renamed in the 1960s to Thornford railway station

Background imageHalt Collection: Trouble House Halt, c1960

Trouble House Halt, c1960
Situated on the Tetbury branch line, the Trouble House Halt opened in February 1959 to serve the infamous Trouble House pub. It was the only station in England to be built to serve a public house

Background imageHalt Collection: Churchs Hill Halt, Gloucestershire, c. 1960

Churchs Hill Halt, Gloucestershire, c. 1960
A view of Churchs Hill Halt, Gloucestershire, c.1960. Situated on the Tetbury Branch line between Tetbury and Cirencester, it opened in 1959 and closed in 1964

Background imageHalt Collection: St Agnes Station, Cornwall, c. 1960

St Agnes Station, Cornwall, c. 1960
A view of St Agnes station, Cornwall, c.1960, showing the signal box and shed. St Agnes station opened July 1903 on the Truro and Newquay Railway, and closed in 1963

Background imageHalt Collection: Golant Halt, Fowey Branch Line, Cornwall

Golant Halt, Fowey Branch Line, Cornwall
Golant Halt, on the Fowey to Lostwithiel line, was a single platform station which stood alongside a stretch of water known as Golant Pill

Background imageHalt Collection: Black Dog Halt, near Calne, c. 1960

Black Dog Halt, near Calne, c. 1960
This halt was on the Chippenham to Calne branch line. It was used by Lord Lansdowne of Bowood House as his personal station. The halt closed in 1965

Background imageHalt Collection: Bittaford Platform and Viaduct, Devon, c. 1920s

Bittaford Platform and Viaduct, Devon, c. 1920s
A view of Bittaford Platform and Viaduct, Devon, c.1920s. This unstaffed station opened in 1907 by the Bittaford Viaduct and closed in 1959

Background imageHalt Collection: Hungerford Station, c1910

Hungerford Station, c1910
A view of Hungerford Station in Berkshire, c1910. Passengers wait eagerly on the platform for an incoming train, while porters with trucks are waiting with luggage

Background imageHalt Collection: Perranporth Beach Halt, Cornwall, c. 1960

Perranporth Beach Halt, Cornwall, c. 1960
The Perranporth beach halt was opened in 1931 as a more convenient stop for holidaymakers to Perranporth. The halt closed with the closure of the Newquay to Truro line in 1963

Background imageHalt Collection: Jackaments Bridge Halt, Gloucestershire, c. 1940s

Jackaments Bridge Halt, Gloucestershire, c. 1940s
A view of Jackaments Bridge Halt near RAF Kemble on the boarder between Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. The small wooden platform opened in July 1939 and closed in September 1948

Background imageHalt Collection: Eardington Halt, Shropshire, c. 1960s

Eardington Halt, Shropshire, c. 1960s
A view of Eardington station in Shropshire, c.1960s. Taken from the side of a train at the station, the image shows the small station building or shelter and the platform

Background imageHalt Collection: Willersey Halt in Gloucestershire

Willersey Halt in Gloucestershire
A view of Willersey Halt looking towards Honeybourne on the Stratford on Avon to Cheltenham line, showing the wooden platform, nameboard and pagoda shelter. The halt opened in 1904 and closed in 1960

Background imageHalt Collection: Laverton Halt in Gloucestershire, 1955

Laverton Halt in Gloucestershire, 1955
A view of locomotive number 5514 at Laverton Halt on the Stratford on Avon to Cheltenham line in Gloucestershire in July 1955

Background imageHalt Collection: Radford and Timsbury Halt, Somerset, c. 1910

Radford and Timsbury Halt, Somerset, c. 1910
A view of the short-lived Radford and Timsbury Halt in Somerset, c.1910. This small station was located between Hallatrow and Camerton. It opened in May 1910 but closed due to World War I in 1915

Background imageHalt Collection: Garneddwen Halt, c. 1950s

Garneddwen Halt, c. 1950s
The bleak looking Garneddwen Halt on the Ruabon to Barmouth line consisted of up and down platforms, a signal box and a small hut for passengers to shelter in

Background imageHalt Collection: Hungerford Station, c1930s

Hungerford Station, c1930s
A view of Hungerford Station in Berkshire, c1930s. The tracks and platforms are completely empty. The station buildings were demolished in 1971 when Hungerford became an unstaffed halt

Background imageHalt Collection: Black Rock Halt, Gwynedd, Wales, c. 1960s

Black Rock Halt, Gwynedd, Wales, c. 1960s
A view of the now disappeared Black Rock Halt on the Welsh Coast in Gwynedd, c.1960s. The halts wooden platform and simple shelter opened in September 1923 to serve the nearby tourist traffic to

Background imageHalt Collection: Bittaford Platform, Devon, 4th August 1958

Bittaford Platform, Devon, 4th August 1958
A view of a quiet Bittaford Platform, Devon on 4th August 1958. This unstaffed station opened in 1907 by the Bittaford Viaduct and closed in 1959

Background imageHalt Collection: Bittaford Platform, Devon, c. 1930s

Bittaford Platform, Devon, c. 1930s
A view of Bittaford Platform, Devon, c.1930s. This unstaffed station opened in 1907 by the Bittaford Viaduct and closed in 1959

Background imageHalt Collection: Beavers Hill Halt, Pembrokeshire, Wales

Beavers Hill Halt, Pembrokeshire, Wales
A view of Beavers Hill Halt at Tenby in Pembrokeshire, Wales. The halt opened in May 1905, temporarily ceasing services during World War I and finally closed in June 1964

Background imageHalt Collection: Bathford Halt, Somerset, c. 1960s

Bathford Halt, Somerset, c. 1960s
A view of Bathford Halt, near Bath in Somerset, c.1960s, showing the wooden platforms and shelters of this small station. Bathford Halt opened in 1841 and closed in 1965

Background imageHalt Collection: Box Mill Lane Station or Halt, c. 1960s

Box Mill Lane Station or Halt, c. 1960s
A view of Mill Lane Station or Halt at Box in Wiltshire, c.1960s, showing the lines of track, nameboard and shelters

Background imageHalt Collection: Baptist End Halt, Staffordshire, c. 1950s

Baptist End Halt, Staffordshire, c. 1950s
A view of Baptist End Halt in Staffordshire, c.1950s, showing the raised wooden platforms ad simple shelters. This small station opened between Dudley and Old Hill in August 1905

Background imageHalt Collection: Backney Halt, Herefordshire, c. 1950s

Backney Halt, Herefordshire, c. 1950s
A view of Backney Halt in Herefordshire, c.1950s, showing the wooden platform and pagoda style platform shelter. The halt opened in 1933 and closed in 1962

Background imageHalt Collection: Avoncliff Halt, c. 1940

Avoncliff Halt, c. 1940
The halt, opened in 1906, serves the hamlet of Avoncliff. It is close to both the Kennet and Avon Canal and River Avon. It is also alongside the Avoncliff Aquaduct

Background imageHalt Collection: Alphington Halt, near Exeter, Devon, c. 1940s

Alphington Halt, near Exeter, Devon, c. 1940s
A view of Alphington Halt, near Exeter, Devon in c.1940s. Located on the Teign Valley Line the small station opened in 1882 and closed in 1961

Background imageHalt Collection: Blowers Green Halt, Dudley after closure

Blowers Green Halt, Dudley after closure
A view of Blowers Green Halt after it closed to passengers in 1962, showing the nameboard on the ground. The station opened in 1878 as Netherton and was renamed Blowers Green in 1921

Background imageHalt Collection: St Agnes Station, Cornwall, 1922

St Agnes Station, Cornwall, 1922
A view of St Agnes Station, Cornwall in 1922. St Agnes station opened July 1903 on the Truro and Newquay Railway, and closed in 1963


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping