Skip to main content

Spring Collection

Background imageSpring Collection: St Ives Station, Cornwall, April 1960

St Ives Station, Cornwall, April 1960
A view of St Ives station, Cornwall in April 1960. A small prairie locomotive, No. 4566 can be seen traversing its carriages at the station

Background imageSpring Collection: Chalford, Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, June 1937

Chalford, Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, June 1937
A GWR Publicity view of Chalford, in the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, June 1937. With the distinctive pattern of settlements in the Frome Valley

Background imageSpring Collection: Internal view of the Provender Store, Didcot, April 1906

Internal view of the Provender Store, Didcot, April 1906
The Provender Store at Didcot in Oxfordshire provided feed for all the Great Western Railways horses and was built in the 1880s

Background imageSpring Collection: Polruan, Cornwall, May 1949

Polruan, Cornwall, May 1949
View of the Cornish fishing village Polruan, May 1949. The Polruan-Fowey ferry landing can be seen in the image and a number of small fishing boats are moored up in the Fowey Estuary

Background imageSpring Collection: Menheniot, Cornwall, May 1949

Menheniot, Cornwall, May 1949
View of the Cornish village of Menheniot, taken on East Road, May 1949. A man walks along holding the hand of his daughter past a row of cottages

Background imageSpring Collection: Liskeard, Cornwall, May 1949

Liskeard, Cornwall, May 1949
View of the Cornish town of Liskeard, May 1949. St Martins church overlooks the streets of houses below and a row of allotments

Background imageSpring Collection: Provender Store, Didcot, April 1906

Provender Store, Didcot, April 1906
The Provender Store at Didcot in Oxfordshire provided feed for all the Great Western Railways horses and was built in the 1880s

Background imageSpring Collection: Par Cliffs, Cornwall, May 1949

Par Cliffs, Cornwall, May 1949
A GWR publicity view of the cliffs at Par Sands, Cornwall, May 1949. Par Beach lies on the Cornish Riviera by the fishing port of Par which became an important industrial town in the 19th century for

Background imageSpring Collection: Par Sands, Cornwall, May 1949

Par Sands, Cornwall, May 1949
A GWR publicity view of Par Sands in Cornwall, May 1949. This image shows the long stretch of white sand along the beach with the town of Par which lies on the Cornish Riviera just visible in

Background imageSpring Collection: Luxulyan Valley Stream, Cornwall, May 1949

Luxulyan Valley Stream, Cornwall, May 1949
A GWR publicity view of a stream in the Luxulyan Valley in Cornwall taken in May 1949. It was an important industrial area in the 19th century

Background imageSpring Collection: St Keynes Well, near Looe, Cornwall, March 1924

St Keynes Well, near Looe, Cornwall, March 1924
A GWR publicity image of St Keynes Well, near the coastal town of Looe in Cornwall. This photograph was taken in March 1924 some 12 years before the lane where the holy well is sited was widened

Background imageSpring Collection: Looe, Cornwall, March 1924

Looe, Cornwall, March 1924
A GWR publicity view of the coastal town of Looe in Cornwall, taken in March 1924 and looking upstream. The church tower of The Parish of Saint Nicholas is in the bottom right of the image

Background imageSpring Collection: Little Heath River, Coventry, Warwickshire, May 1924

Little Heath River, Coventry, Warwickshire, May 1924
A GWR Publicity view of Little Heath River, near Coventry in Warwickshire, May 1924. The trees lining the river banks at the small falls are in bud and ready to produce leaves

Background imageSpring Collection: River Dee at Chester, Cheshire, 1924

River Dee at Chester, Cheshire, 1924
A GWR Publicity view of the River Dee at Chester, Cheshire, in 1924. The River Dee winds its way through north Wales, through the city of Chester and out towards the Dee Estuary

Background imageSpring Collection: Lady Chapel at Glastonbury Abbey, Somerset, May 1928

Lady Chapel at Glastonbury Abbey, Somerset, May 1928
A GWR Publicity view of the Lady Chapel at Glastonbury Abbey, Somerset in May 1928. The tops of the ruin walls are covered in ivy and overgrown vegetation

Background imageSpring Collection: Glastonbury Abbey, March 1924

Glastonbury Abbey, March 1924
A GWR Publicity view of the Lady Chapel at Glastonbury Abbey in March 1924. The walls of the historic ruins are covered in ivy and overgrown plants

Background imageSpring Collection: High Street Gate, Salisbury, Wiltshire, May 1947

High Street Gate, Salisbury, Wiltshire, May 1947
A GWR Publicity view of High Street Gate, Salisbury, Wiltshire in May 1947. The gate is the main entrance to Salisburys historic Cathedral Close and was built between 1327 and 1342

Background imageSpring Collection: High Street Gate, Salisbury, May 1947

High Street Gate, Salisbury, May 1947
A GWR Publicity view of High Street Gate, Salisbury, Wiltshire in May 1947. The gate is the main entrance to Salisburys historic Cathedral Close and was built between 1327 and 1342

Background imageSpring Collection: Penpoll, Cornwall, May 1949

Penpoll, Cornwall, May 1949
View of Penpoll in Cornwall, May 1949. A girl leans over a bridge looking into Penpol Creek, as its waters head towards the River Fowey. Dogs roam in the background by the cottage

Background imageSpring Collection: Lostwithiel Valley from Restormel Castle, Cornwall, May 1949

Lostwithiel Valley from Restormel Castle, Cornwall, May 1949
A GWR publicity view of Lostwithiel Valley from Restormel Castle in Cornwall, May 1949. Restormel Castle lies outside the town of Lostwithiel with views over the wooded valley and the River Fowey

Background imageSpring Collection: Looe Ferry, Cornwall, March 1924

Looe Ferry, Cornwall, March 1924
A GWR publicity view of the ferry landing stage at the town of Looe in Cornwall, March 1924. Small boats line the shore in the foreground while people are walking along the slipway by the harbour

Background imageSpring Collection: Stanway House, Gloucestershire, June 1930

Stanway House, Gloucestershire, June 1930
A GWR Publicity view of Stanway House, near Toddington in the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire in June 1930. The grand stone gatehouse of this Jacobean manor house stands just off the Cotswold Way

Background imageSpring Collection: Newquay Station, Cornwall, April 1960

Newquay Station, Cornwall, April 1960
A view of Newquay railway station, Cornwall in the spring of 1960, showing locomotive No. 5562 and the Newquay gasworks in the distance

Background imageSpring Collection: Plymouth North Road Station, Devon, 21st April 1960

Plymouth North Road Station, Devon, 21st April 1960
A view of Locomotive no. 5531 sitting at Plymouth North Road station, Devon, with a train from Launceston. The photograph was taken 21st April 1960 and shows station staff

Background imageSpring Collection: Lostwithiel Station, Cornwall, April 1960

Lostwithiel Station, Cornwall, April 1960
A view of Lostwithiel station, Cornwall, April 1960, showing locomotives, No. 3705 and No. 6860 waiting at the station for departure. Lostwithiel opened in 1859 and closed in 1964

Background imageSpring Collection: Uffington Station, Oxfordshire, May 1957

Uffington Station, Oxfordshire, May 1957
A view of Uffington Station in Oxfordshire, May 1957, showing Uffington signal box, the bridge over the tracks and empty platforms

Background imageSpring Collection: Uffington Station, Oxfordshire, April 1959

Uffington Station, Oxfordshire, April 1959
A view of locomotive No. 1365 pulled up at Uffington station in Oxfordshire in April 1959. The signals, station building, signal box and some passengers on the platform are all visible

Background imageSpring Collection: Truro Cathedral, May 1923

Truro Cathedral, May 1923
A GWR Publicity view of the Cathedral, Truro, Cornwall in May 1923. The spires of Truro Cathedral tower over the city and are reflected in the Truro River

Background imageSpring Collection: St Germans Station, Cornwall, April 1960

St Germans Station, Cornwall, April 1960
A view of St Germans station in Cornwall, April 1960, showing a train for Plymouth waiting at the station. The station opened in 1859 on the Cornish Main Line, and lies west of the St Germans Viaduct

Background imageSpring Collection: F Shop, c1970s

F Shop, c1970s


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping