Skip to main content

Framed Print > Places > Swindon's Railway Village > GWR Medical Fund Society

GWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection

Choose a picture from our collection for your Wall Art and Photo Gifts

32 Framed Prints

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Hairdressing Room, Milton Road, c1910

Medical Fund Hairdressing Room, Milton Road, c1910
This hairdressing room was sitauted at the Milton Road buildings. The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Early Medical Fund Society Committee Members, c1860

Early Medical Fund Society Committee Members, c1860
Members of the GWR Medical Fund Society Committee (from t-b, l-r) - R Cook, W Nicholson, J Armstrong, W Laverick, W Ellis, P H Mason, C Trimmer, W J Brown

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Society Offices, c. 1930

Medical Fund Society Offices, c. 1930
Behind the scenes at Swindons GWR Medical Fund, a range of work was undertaken including record keeping in the Societys offices on Milton Road

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Society Dental Surgery, 1947

Medical Fund Society Dental Surgery, 1947
The dental rooms were situated on the first floor of the Milton Road building. The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Turkish Baths

Swindon Medical Fund Society Turkish Baths
The main GWR Medical Fund building housed two public swimming pools, washing baths and even a Turkish bath

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Laundry

Swindon Medical Fund Society Laundry
Behind the scenes at Swindons GWR Medical Fund, a range of work was undertaken including the washing of bed linen and other items in the Laundry

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Dental Mechanics Room

Swindon Medical Fund Society Dental Mechanics Room
Behind the scenes at Swindons GWR Medical Fund, a range of work was undertaken including the repair of dentures in the Dental Mechanics Room

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Dentist

Swindon Medical Fund Society Dentist
The GWR Medical Fund offered a complete range of services including chiropody, a dentist, an optician and speech therapy

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Cottage Hospital

Swindon Medical Fund Society Cottage Hospital
The GWR Cottage Hospital was fully equipped with wards, treatment rooms and even an operating theatre

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Patient number board from Swindon Medical Fund waiting room

Patient number board from Swindon Medical Fund waiting room
GWR Medical Fund patients wanting to see a doctor, had to sit in the waiting room until their number was shown on the patient call board

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swimmers from the GWR Medical Fund Society swimming baths (situated within the Works), c1880s

Swimmers from the GWR Medical Fund Society swimming baths (situated within the Works), c1880s

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Female swimmers at the GWR Medical Fund Society small swimming baths (Milton Rd), c1900

Female swimmers at the GWR Medical Fund Society small swimming baths (Milton Rd), c1900

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Dispensary Waiting Room, Milton Road, 1920

Medical Fund Dispensary Waiting Room, Milton Road, 1920
Note the male and female segregation in this image. The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist. It was built in 1892

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Dispensary Waiting Room, c1910

Medical Fund Dispensary Waiting Room, c1910
The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist. It was built in 1892

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Hospital Operating Theatre, 1947

Medical Fund Hospital Operating Theatre, 1947
The Medical Fund Hospital was established in 1871. It had a number of facilities including an operating theatre

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Dispensary, 1947

Medical Fund Dispensary, 1947
This large dispensary was sitauted on theground floor of the Milton Road building. The prescriptions were handed out through hatches to people in the waiting rooms adjacent

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Dispensary, 1907

Medical Fund Dispensary, 1907
This large dispensary was sitauted on theground floor of the Milton Road building. The prescriptions were handed out through hatches to people in the waiting rooms adjacent

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Hospital staff and patients, c1890

Medical Fund Hospital staff and patients, c1890
The Medical Fund Hospital was established in 1871. It opened due to a increase in the size of Swindon Works and the number of accidents occuring

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Small Swimming Bath, c1905

Small Swimming Bath, c1905
These baths were situated in the Medical Fund Society at Milton Road. The small bath, used mainly by women and children, was adjacent to the large bath

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Large Swimming Bath, c1905

Large Swimming Bath, c1905
These baths were situated in the Medical Fund Society at Milton Road. The large coloured window at the end was made by Mr T Rice, an employee of Swindon Works

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Society, Milton Road, c1910

Medical Fund Society, Milton Road, c1910
The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist. It was built in 1892

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Hospital, c1910

Medical Fund Hospital, c1910
The Medical Fund Hospital was established in 1871. The central part of the building was originally the XI Wiltshire Volunteer Rifle Corps armoury. This contained the operating theatre and ward

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Construction of Medical Fund Society, Milton Road, c1891

Construction of Medical Fund Society, Milton Road, c1891
The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist. It was finally completed in 1892

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society departments board

Swindon Medical Fund Society departments board
The GWR Medical Fund offered a complete range of services including chiropody, a dentist, an optician and speech therapy

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Prescription ointment from the Swindon Medical Fund Society

Prescription ointment from the Swindon Medical Fund Society
The GWR Medical Fund pharmacy prepared and dispensed all kinds of medications to patients, including this ointment marked æPoison

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Opthalmologist

Swindon Medical Fund Society Opthalmologist
The GWR Medical Fund offered a complete range of services including chiropody, a dentist, an optician and speech therapy

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Cottage Hospital ward

Swindon Medical Fund Society Cottage Hospital ward
The GWR Cottage Hospital was fully equipped with wards, treatment rooms and even an operating theatre

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Swindon Medical Fund Society Chiropody Department

Swindon Medical Fund Society Chiropody Department
The GWR Medical Fund offered a complete range of services including chiropody, a dentist, an optician and speech therapy

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Dispensary, 1907

Medical Fund Dispensary, 1907
This large dispensary was sitauted on theground floor of the Milton Road building. The prescriptions were handed out through hatches to people in the waiting rooms adjacent

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Hospital Staff and Patients, c1880

Medical Fund Hospital Staff and Patients, c1880
The Medical Fund Hospital was established in 1871

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Dispensary Waiting Room, Milton Road, 1920

Medical Fund Dispensary Waiting Room, Milton Road, 1920
Note the male and female segregation in this image. The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist. It was built in 1892

Background imageGWR Medical Fund Society Framed Print Collection: Medical Fund Society, Milton Road c1910

Medical Fund Society, Milton Road c1910
The Medical Fund Society in Milton Road housed swimming baths, Turkish and Russian Baths, a dispensary and a dentist. It was built in 1892


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping