Skip to main content

Powys Collection

Background imagePowys Collection: Presteign Station, Wales, c. 1930

Presteign Station, Wales, c. 1930
A view of Preteign Station in Presteigne on the Welsh borders, c.1930, showing tank engine no.1475 sitting in the station with a crowd of young boys looking

Background imagePowys Collection: Preteign Station, Wales

Preteign Station, Wales
A view of Preteign Station in Presteigne on the Welsh borders, showing an auto-train at the station. Presteign station opened in 1875

Background imagePowys Collection: Preteign Station, Wales, 1961

Preteign Station, Wales, 1961
A view of Preteign Station in Presteigne on the Welsh borders. Taken in 1961 after the station closed to passenger services, the image is looking down platform to the goods shed

Background imagePowys Collection: Preteign Station, Wales, 1959

Preteign Station, Wales, 1959
A view of Preteign Station in Presteigne on the Welsh borders. This image show the station buildings and was taken in 1959 after passenger services had ceased

Background imagePowys Collection: Preteign Station, Wales, c. 1910

Preteign Station, Wales, c. 1910
A view of Preteign Station in Presteigne on the Welsh borders, c.1910, showing a saddletank locomotive sitting in the station

Background imagePowys Collection: Female Stationmaster, June 1941

Female Stationmaster, June 1941
This image features a young lady called Freda Jones. During the Second World War she was made a GWR Stationmaster at Pontdolgoch, a station in mid Wales on the Welshpool to Aberystwyth line

Background imagePowys Collection: Felin Fach Station, Wales

Felin Fach Station, Wales
A view of Felin Fach station in Powys, Wales, showing the station building with locomotive No. 7444 at the platform. The station opened in May 1911 as Ystrad station

Background imagePowys Collection: Felin Fach Station and Signal Box, Wales

Felin Fach Station and Signal Box, Wales
A view of Felin Fach station in Powys, Wales, showing the station building and signal box. The station opened in May 1911 as Ystrad station, but was renamed Felin Fach in January 1913


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping