Skip to main content

Photographic Print > GWR Road Vehicles > Road Motor Vehicles

Road Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection

Choose a picture from our collection for your Wall Art and Photo Gifts

29 Photographic Prints

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: 3 1 / 2 ton AEC single decker omnibus, 1923

3 1 / 2 ton AEC single decker omnibus, 1923
Built by the Associated Equipment Company in 1923. This particular bus became a lorry in 1928

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: The Mew, River Dart, Devon, c1920s

The Mew, River Dart, Devon, c1920s
This view is taken from Kingswear looking over the River Dart to the town of Dartmouth. The ferry is a GWR steamer called the Mew. It ran from 1908 to 1954

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR lorry delivering paintings from the National Gallery to a slate mine in Wales in 1940

GWR lorry delivering paintings from the National Gallery to a slate mine in Wales in 1940
This photograph of a GWR lorry was taken around 1940. It shows the in delivery of historic and valuable paintings from the National Gallery in London to the disused Manod slate mine at Blaenau

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: Van loaded with waste paper from the General Stores at Swindon Works, 1941

Van loaded with waste paper from the General Stores at Swindon Works, 1941
Paper salvage was introduced by the Government at the outbreak of war in 1939. It was designed to encourage the recycling of materials to aid the war effort

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: A petrol trailer fire pump hauled by an ex-GWR Express Cartage van, 1940

A petrol trailer fire pump hauled by an ex-GWR Express Cartage van, 1940
Fire fighting by the GWR was a important job in the Second World War. Incendiary bombs (designed to start fires) were used extensively during the war

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: Swindon Works Fire Brigade Dennis Fire Engine, 1942

Swindon Works Fire Brigade Dennis Fire Engine, 1942
This Dennis fire engine was purchased by the Swindon Works Fire Brigade in December 1942. It was used to strengthen their wartime capabilities

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR Milnes-Daimler omnibus, 1904

GWR Milnes-Daimler omnibus, 1904
The bus is pictured at Mullion, between Helston and The Lizard. This was the route of the first GWR bus service which began in 1903

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: Swindon Works Fire Brigade, 1916

Swindon Works Fire Brigade, 1916
This is a really impressive image of the Swindon Works Fire Brigade, taken in 1916. The smartly uniformed firemen are sat upon the Dennis Fire Engine which was purchased by the GWR in 1912

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: Women employee in the Road Motor Department at Slough, 1944

Women employee in the Road Motor Department at Slough, 1944
The Road Motor Department at Slough was another area that saw the employment of women in traditionally male roles. This photograph was taken on April 18th 1944

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR Double Decker Milnes-Daimler omnibus, Penzance, 1904

GWR Double Decker Milnes-Daimler omnibus, Penzance, 1904
A rather crowded double decker bus seen outside Penzance Station in 1904. This bus ran between Marazion, Penzance and Newlyn. A further service was added to St Just and Lands End

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR 22 seater Milnes-Daimler omnibus, 17th August 1903

GWR 22 seater Milnes-Daimler omnibus, 17th August 1903
The inaugural trip of the GWR Road Motor passenger bus service seen at Helston in Cornwall. The route operated two buses and ran between Helston Station and The Lizard

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR Double Decker Omnibus, 1904

GWR Double Decker Omnibus, 1904
Bus used at Slough Station for excursions to Windsor and Eton

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: 5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951

5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951
British Railways commercial vehicle for the distribution of Mars confectionary traffic. Number 5241 W

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR staff loading a stretcher into a parcel van which has been converted into an ambulance, 1940

GWR staff loading a stretcher into a parcel van which has been converted into an ambulance, 1940. The van bears the GWR roundel branding and a stylised poster on the side

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR 30 H. P Milnes Daimler single deck omnibus

GWR 30 H. P Milnes Daimler single deck omnibus
Built circa 1910

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: Swindon Station, 1930

Swindon Station, 1930
Two GWR publicity omnibuses sit outside Swindon Junction station in 1930, promoting the companys tourist route

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: 5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951

5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951
Built for use by British Railways. Body number 5222W

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: Westbourne Park Motor Depot, 1920

Westbourne Park Motor Depot, 1920
GWR battery powered Express Parcels lorry see here recharging

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929

GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929
Seen here using lifting/lowering mechanism to lift milk churn from trailer

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: No 17 Shop, Road Vehicle Shop, c1920s

No 17 Shop, Road Vehicle Shop, c1920s
This view of the Road Vehicle shops shows the construction and repair of mainly horse drawn vehicles. The GWR relied heavily on horse power, especially in good yards and for parcel deliveries

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: 3 1 / 2 ton AEC single decker omnibus, 1923

3 1 / 2 ton AEC single decker omnibus, 1923
Built by the Associated Equipment Company in 1923. This particular bus became a lorry in 1928

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: Milnes-Daimler 30 HP Omnibus, 1910

Milnes-Daimler 30 HP Omnibus, 1910
Seen here as a publicity bus

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR Milnes Daimler Omnibus, 1904

GWR Milnes Daimler Omnibus, 1904

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: 5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951

5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951
British Railways commercial vehicle for the distribution of Mars confectionary traffic. Number 5241 W

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: 5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951

5 Ton Dennis Lorry, 1951
Built for use by British Railways. Body number 5222W

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929

GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929
Seen here using lifting/lowering mechanism to lift milk churn from trailer

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929

GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929
Seen here using lifting/lowering mechanism to lift milk churn from trailer

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929

GWR 4 Ton Thornycroft Lorry, 1929
Seen here with milk churn in trailer

Background imageRoad Motor Vehicles Photographic Print Collection: No 17 Shop, Road Vehicle Shop, 1907

No 17 Shop, Road Vehicle Shop, 1907
This image show both horse drawn vehicles and motor vehicles being built or repaired. The motor vehicles were omnibuses and were part of the GWR road passenger service that started in 1903


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping