Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

1950s Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 100 pictures in our 1950s collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Castle Class, No. 7029, Clun Castle at Newton Abbot Station, c.1950s Featured Print

Castle Class, No. 7029, Clun Castle at Newton Abbot Station, c.1950s

A view of Castle Class, No. 7029, Clun Castle at Newton Abbot Station, Devon, c.1950s.
The station opened with the name Newton in December 1846 by the South Devon Railway Company. By the time the name was changed to Newton Abbot in 1877 the station had a large goods shed, train sheds and busy workshops which helped with converting the stock and line to standard gauge.
Newton Abbot station underwent an extension and rebuild between the wars, opening in April 1927 with a Culverhouse designed station building

© STEAM Museum of the GWR

Cheltenham Spa (St James), Gloucestershire, c.1950s Featured Print

Cheltenham Spa (St James), Gloucestershire, c.1950s

A view of Cheltenham Spa (St James) station in Gloucestershire, c.1950s, showing the platforms with the church visible in the background.
The station was built in 1894 replacing another nearby station in Cheltenham. It was renamed Cheltenham St James in 1908, and then again in 1925 when it became Cheltenham Spa St James. The inaugural journey of the Cheltenham Flyer took place from this station in 1923. The station closed to passengers and goods traffic in 1966

© STEAM Museum of the GWR

Henley-on-Thames Station, Oxfordshire, 1954 Featured Print

Henley-on-Thames Station, Oxfordshire, 1954

A view of Henley-on-Thames station in Oxfordshire in 1954, showing the dead end of the terminus. The station opened with three platforms and many sidings in June 1857 to provide enough trains for the royal regatta held every year in July. The station was reduced in size in the 1960s and 1970s, with the station building, goods yard and two platforms being removed

© STEAM Museum of the GWR