Featured January Image
Cheltenham Spa (St James), 1951
A view of Cheltenham Spa St James station, in Gloucestershire, 1951, decorated with bunting to celebrate the Cheltenham Music Festival.
The station was built in 1894 replacing another nearby station in Cheltenham. It was renamed Cheltenham St James in 1908, and then again in 1925 when it became Cheltenham Spa St James. The inaugural journey of the Cheltenham Flyer took place from this station in 1923. The station closed to passengers and goods traffic in 1966
© STEAM Museum of the GWR